FarmlandFinder is a high-growth, venture-backed startup that is bringing transparency to the agricultural real estate industry. Each year, $56 billion of farmland exchanges ownership, most of which is bought and sold entirely offline. This creates an opaque market, which makes it virtually impossible for buyers, sellers and land professionals to make data-driven decisions. FarmlandFinder solves these problems by providing real-time data and transparency through our market intelligence and data management tools. When you join FarmlandFinder, you will be starting on a fun, challenging and growth-filled career opportunity in our Des Moines, Iowa office or remote.
We are seeking a Backend Developer to help design, create and execute our product strategies for the core FarmlandFinder SaaS product. You’ll serve as the point person for the architecture, setup, and management of our application infrastructure and programming interfaces.
- Take ownership of the backend tech stack to align the platform architecture with our product vision and strategy
- Take ownership of developer efficiency to reduce our code deployment time.
- Lead efforts to increase our API throughputs, increase durability, and increase scalability of our servers.
- Actively contribute to agile sprint and technical planning design, QA testing and product release processes
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the team’s processes and development practices
- Be a champion of automated tests
- Responsible for architecting our database, API, infinitely scalable server infrastructure, and CI/CD environments
- Design and develop software wireframes, mockups and user-experience flow with and translate them to technical requirements
- Understand the nuances in software to identify (and remove) blockers from the development process
Required Skills & Experience
- 4 to 10+ years of experience building multi tenant API’s, databases, and continuous deployment infrastructure at scale.
- Strong working experience with NodeJs, Python, MongoDB, and PaaS preferred.
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-accountability, agile environments
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical and non-technical speak
- Data architecture experience and ability to create wireframes, mockups, and entity relationship diagrams
- Strong problem-solving skills to accelerate our efforts to think and plan strategically
- Self-motivated, goal-driven and execution oriented
- Ability to work across multiple product lines with a variety of stakeholders to achieve your objectives
- Bonus: education or professional exposure to big geodata infrastructure
- Bonus: experience with farming or agricultural real estate
How We Operate
Our mission is to make farmland sales simple, instant and online. We are entirely focused on bringing transparency and simplicity to the agricultural real estate market – which is lived out through our core values:
- Build practical solutions
- Use information to create value
- Be the tide that raises all ships
What We Offer
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Parental Leave
- Company-Issued Computer
- Paid Parking Downtown
- Health and Wellness
- Casual Dress
- Growth Opportunities
At FarmlandFinder, we value diversity and believe that the best teams have a strong foundation of diverse thoughts, experiences and people.
Download Job Description